- Find the best scholarships for adult students
- Get your employer to pay for your education
- Earn college credits for lifetime and work experience
- Save money with distance learning programs
- Take advantage of federal and state retraining programs
- Get the most financial aid from colleges
- Have your student loans forgiven
- Have the state pay for your college education
- 288 pages
- Click to Get Special Amazon Price
Adults can find the means to go back to school despite the pressures of work, family and a mortgage with this guide to funding continued education. With expanded information on online learning and part-time classes and new financial aid, loan and scholarship opportunities, this updated resource teaches you how to find and win scholarships designed especially for adult students, obtain financial support from employers, get financial aid for distance learning, negotiate for more financial aid, take advantage of educational tax breaks, trade tuition costs for volunteer service and cancel education debts with loan forgiveness programs. Twenty firsthand anecdotes will inspire you with creative and unusual ways to pay for your education.Table of Contents
1. Get the Money You Need
2. The Best Places to Find Scholarships for Adults
3. Scholarships Just for Adult Students
4. Maximize Your Federal Financial Aid
5. Borrowing the Money You Need
6. Money from Your State
7. Money from Your College
8. Get Your Employer to Pay
9. Take Advantage of Retraining Programs
10. Earn Credit for Life Experiences
11. Be a Part-Time Student
12. Smart Saving Strategies for College
13. Tax Breaks for Students
14. Loan Forgiveness Programs
15. Military Education Benefits
16. Avoid Financial Aid Scams
17. You Can Do It
"Upbeat, well-organized and engaging, this comprehensive tool is an exceptional investment for the college-bound."
"A present for anxious parents."
--Mary Kaye Ritz, The Honolulu Advertiser
"Upbeat tone and clear, practical advice."
"Unlike other authors, the Tanabes use their experiences and those of other students to guide high school and college students and their parents through the scholarship and financial aid process."
--Palo Alto Daily News
"What’s even better than all the top-notch tips is that the book is written in a cool, conversational way."
--College Bound Magazine
"A 'must' for any prospective college student."
--Midwest Book Review
"The Tanabes literally wrote the book on the topic."
--Bull & Bear Financial Report
"The college experience—start to finish."
--Town & Country Magazine
"Filled with student-tested strategies."
--Pam Costa, Santa Clara Vision
"The first book to feature the strategies and stories of real students."
--New Jersey Spectator Leader
501 Ways for Adult Students to Pay for College
By: Gen & Kelly Tanabe
Special Amazon Price: Click to View